Amid various stresses among which are: calculus, mutant fest, pirate radio, band, boys, etc., I was feeling very unenlightened, so I bought a pint of Jack and went to this show in Oakland with my new friend Adrian whom I met at the Uptown. It was a two-block-away alternative to the weekly punk show at the Hazmat, and I'd say it was the right choice. Animal Collective is reborn over and over in these basements in Oakland, and skinny dudes in white 80's heels listen with dreamy eyes closed as ambient moods swirl in psychedelic colors between their tattooed bodies. I, needless to say, crashed on the couch in the garden, in a very strange metaphysical state of mind.
Got to go to KALX special events orientation now, and then a show at Bottom of the Hill, I'll let you know how it goes. Listen up for my first radio show in 7 months, after an epic tour of the country! Tuesday June 30th 3:30 - 6 am, 90.7 KALX.
Meow
Shadowcat
No comments:
Post a Comment